Manage Report - What is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage Report - What is it?

In my communities I have a button called 'Manage Report' but I don't know what its for. What is its purpose?

I also noticed that today and briefly wondered about the same thing. I ended up thinking that it has to do with a mechanism that allows people to report posts/comments that are bad in one way or another (you know, insulting, inappropriate etc) and those reports would end up on that page and then the community owner/manager would handle that report and take some action. But this is just a wild guess.

Comment

Okay so now I noticed that there is a Flag icon in the community posts with the tooltip text "Report". So I'm guessing that if someone clicks that icon that post gets reported to the community owner/manager(s) and then he/she/they get to decide what to do about that report.

Let's do a simple test. I will click the report-icon on some post belonging to one of your communities, say "Natural news". Let's see what happens ...

So I reported the newest post on that community. See if the report shows on your "Manage reports" page and what you can do about it if it does.
      Last edited by Tarithel; 04-13-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Yes this is indeed an admin feature which allows you to either ignore or delete posts reported by other members. If the posts is reported it should appear in that section and only owners can see this.
        Welcome To The ADZbuzz Project!

Become A Gold Member Today

Comment

• commented
          Editing a comment
          Correct. And the cleaner your community is, the higher the quality. What we after is to make ADZbuzz a high-quality Content-Discovery platform. And we can achieve that if we don't have spammy posts in the communities.

Originally posted by Tarithel View Post
        Okay so now I noticed that there is a Flag icon in the community posts with the tooltip text "Report". So I'm guessing that if someone clicks that icon that post gets reported to the community owner/manager(s) and then he/she/they get to decide what to do about that report.

Let's do a simple test. I will click the report-icon on some post belonging to one of your communities, say "Natural news". Let's see what happens ...

So I reported the newest post on that community. See if the report shows on your "Manage reports" page and what you can do about it if it does.
        I don't know if you reported anything on the Natural News but I have not received a notification or a display of anything reported yet in that section.

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          I did. Maybe it's not working properly. I just made a new report for the newest post in "Natural news" and there is something weird about it, I had to do it twice before I could click confirm because the first time my first report text and report type got cleared.

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          I just reported a post in a community I own and I got a report into the "Manage reports" page. There were two actions available: Mark safe and Delete post. I clicked "Mark safe" and the report disappeared from "Manage reports" and the post was unaffected. So at least it works if you are a owner/manager of the community in which you report a post.
      Working...
      X