X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this Before Creating a Topic

Hi, you must have heard this before “When in Rome, Do As Romans Do”

So, let’s take a look at the rules before you start sharing your knowledge with the community.

This forum is meant to discuss about various alt coins, increase our knowledge about them and help us in deciding whether to invest or trade in them or not.

There can only be one thread about a coin. So, if you want to contribute anything regarding a particular coin please check if the coin is already being discussed or not. If it’s thread already exists please continue the discussion there.

If you are creating a new thread about a coin because the relevant coin is yet to be discussed, the Opening Post should contain the facts and data about the coin. So it should include the Specifications and information about the coin. And then the discussion can start in the comments.

Note: There cannot be two threads about one coin. So, if during moderation duplicity is found, the thread will be deleted including all the comments. So, we request to avoid that situation and save yours and others’ time and efforts by maintaining only one thread for one coin.

Thanks. We appreciate your co-operation, always.

For now just big thanks for your quick reaction. I appreciate this.
    Corksson

Comment

Noted with thanks Mohit
      *********** Faith without works is dead ***********

Comment

Noted. Thanks camohitmishra

Nice to see this section in the forums

On another note: Is it the responsibility of the thread starter to keep the Opening Post up-to-date? I mean, some coins get big changes sometimes, i.e. algorithm change, hard fork or some such. So if the thread starter is responsible for keeping the OP up-to-date I think that should be mentioned in this sticky as well.
        Last edited by Tarithel; 01-08-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• mb001589
          mb001589 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think anyone can contribute to that. I doubt thread openers will be that diligent to do so.

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I thought about that. But can anyone else except the thread starter edit the OP? That was the point that I tried to make. If changes happen, it's a huge pain in everybody's butt to read the whole thread if the changes are only reported in separate posts in the thread. I suffer from this problem at Bitcointalk all the time and it is really annoying.

So as an example:

- I start a thread about coin X, I post the current specs etc.
          - People discuss the coin etc.
          - I then abandon the thread.
          - Later on the coin goes through some significant change (hard fork, algo change, or the devs give notice on some other significant changes or whatever).
          - At that point the Opening Post is no longer relevant and that can lead to people making wrong decisions about investing in that coin or whatever.

If someone else then wants to bring people up to speed by creating a new thread for the coin, he/she can't, because there can be only one thread per coin and the new thread would be deleted even though it would be up-to-date and the original thread would be outdated. He/she could of course post the relevant info into the original thread, but then we're back facing the "it-is-a-pain-in-the-butt-to-read-the-whole-freaking-thread" problem again.
          Last edited by Tarithel; 01-09-2018, 04:35 PM.

Originally posted by Tarithel View Post
        Noted. Thanks camohitmishra

Nice to see this section in the forums

On another note: Is it the responsibility of the thread starter to keep the Opening Post up-to-date? I mean, some coins get big changes sometimes, i.e. algorithm change, hard fork or some such. So if the thread starter is responsible for keeping the OP up-to-date I think that should be mentioned in this sticky as well.
        That's a good point.

I think it should indeed be the responsibility of the topic starter to update the thread along with the ADZbuzz staff. This doens't mean however that you need to follow every update about the particular coin but if we aren't able to update the thread in time and somebody sends you a PM about a new feature of the coin, it's a small effort to update the OP I think.

Just think of it as adding quality to the ADZbuzz forum and brings more traders to the ADZBuzz exchange. This will benefit the entire project and that's obviously mainly our responsibility.
        Welcome To The ADZbuzz Project!

Become A Gold Member Today

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          I think a "hybrid" version would be the best.
          1) The thread starter keeps the Opening Post up-to-date as much as possible (important things).
          2) If someone else notices relevant changes with the coin, he/she can PM the thread starter with the new info and the starter updates the OP.
          3) If the starter has gone inactive, anyone who notices relevant changes with the coin can post new info in the thread and request admins to update the OP.

Something like this. And yeah, this is one more opportunity to add quality content to ADZbuzz. If we can keep the OP's of the coin threads in good, clean and up-to-date order, that might even attract people from Bitcointalk to come here instead to get up-to-date information on various coins. And that would obviously be good for ADZbuzz and the whole community.

And one more thing: It might be a good idea to use some predefined format/template for the OP, that way it would be easier to read them and find the detail you're looking for, because certain info (for example algorithm) is always in the same "place" in every coin's OP. I've read and re-read the OP's of many many coins at Bitcointalk and those OP's can be quite messy. The format/template doesn't have to be too rigorous or detailed, just to define some common structure to all coin OP's.

Originally posted by JensSteyaert View Post

That's a good point.

I think it should indeed be the responsibility of the topic starter to update the thread along with the ADZbuzz staff. This doens't mean however that you need to follow every update about the particular coin but if we aren't able to update the thread in time and somebody sends you a PM about a new feature of the coin, it's a small effort to update the OP I think.

Just think of it as adding quality to the ADZbuzz forum and brings more traders to the ADZBuzz exchange. This will benefit the entire project and that's obviously mainly our responsibility.
        This a little off topic but could there be an exchange topic talking/discussing about the exchange but let it not show in the sidebar so the forum does not become messy.

Comment

Working...
        X