A guide for setting up multiple BZX masternodes on a single VPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide for setting up multiple BZX masternodes on a single VPS

So here it is (finally). It's not pretty, it's not fancy, but it works perfectly (at least for me).

The guide (html):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qcu9ikkqhk...uide.html?dl=0

The buzzexcoin related extras (buzzexcoin_extras.tz.zip):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uc63mxw4i...as.tz.zip?dl=0

If you have any questions/suggestions/bug reports/etc, post them into this thread. I won't notice them if you post them into the telegram channels because I don't have the time to keep up with the thousands of messages there. I will however check this thread at least a couple of times a day and try to answer any questions etc.
    Last edited by Tarithel; 10-19-2018, 05:10 PM.

Amazing, will check that soon.
    You should at least let us know on tele about your post 😁
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by andhum View Post
      Amazing, will check that soon.
      You should at least let us know on tele about your post 😁
      Thanks
      Done that

Comment

hello
        How many masternodes (maximum) can we run on one vps with your method?
        Last edited by benito971; 10-19-2018, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          In theory it's only limited by the amount of disk space, CPU power and RAM your VPS has. I opted to run only 3 nodes per VPS, because one of the sources I used mentioned that more than 3 were not recommended (you can check the sources I mentioned in the guide for more details).

Hello @Tarithel,
        I've installed 3 MN with your guide and everything working nice. One question: what should I do if I want now add 4th MN ore more ? Should I just add new config and data files ?

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          A good question. But before you add more nodes, read the sources I mentioned in the guide. One of them said something like running more than 3 nodes on a VPS is not recommended.
          I think I know how to do this, but I will test it first myself, will report back shortly ...

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          I updated the guide to include instructions for adding more nodes. Don't do it by adding config files etc by hand, follow the process described in the guide.

• Father
          Father commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Tarithel ! So far I've installed 6 MN , checked the CPU and memory and I thing everything is good. Will see tomorrow the rewards...

Hello Tarithel and thanks for your efforts and help. I can't find the guide. When i click on the link Dropbox say it is not there anymore.

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh cr*p. I updated it a little bit today and I guess I have to link it again, doing it in a few minutes ...

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          Link is now fixed. I didn't realize that modifying a file would change the Dropbox link, sorry about that.

• arthuro_business
          arthuro_business commented
          Editing a comment
          It is good now mate thanks for your inputs we will let you know if we have issue.

Ok, a couple of people have asked about running more than 3 MN's/VPS, so I will now try to install & run 5 MN's on a $5 Vultr VPS. This will take a while, but I'll report back when I know how it goes.

Comment

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          Now I have 5 MN's running on a single VPS, seems to work just fine so far. But it will take some time to see if the rewards start coming in. The VPS itself seems to be running fine, the load for the VPS is something like "yawn, I'm bored, give me something to do", in other words the VPS is not overloaded in any way. But we'll see after it runs for a few hours. I will report back tomorrow with the results I get.

• Tarithel
          Tarithel commented
          Editing a comment
          Now those 5 MN's have been running for about 24h and they are producing rewards, so all is good when running 5 MN's. You can probably run many more successfully, as andhum already mentioned.

Regarding adding more nodes to a VPS afterwards: I updated the guide again and I also modified a couple of scripts to support this. So if you need to add more nodes to your VPS, first repeat the step "Copy BuzzexCoin specific settings and extras to your VPS" to update the scripts and then follow the guide from the section "Adding more masternodes afterwards" (always reload the guide from here, don't bookmark the Dropbox link as it seems to change based on "I have no idea why").
        Last edited by Tarithel; 10-19-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I have 14 running and is all perfect..
          I did attached picture on my topic.

Comment

• Tarithel
            Tarithel commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome Thanks for letting us know.

Tarithel Hi mate thanks for your awesome guide.

A little off-topic here but since you have a great knowledge in this field thought i'd ask you.

Do you have any idea how to install the Buzzex offline wallet on a Linux Mint operating system?

My friend is having problems installing the offline wallet on his Linux laptop, he said to me the main file is missing after he extracts the files from the zip folder.

I don't know if my friend is mistaken here or did the devs at Buzzex forgot to add the main file for installing the Linux offline wallet, maybe if you can check from your side that'll be great.

Cheers

Comment

• Tarithel
            Tarithel commented
            Editing a comment
            I downloaded the Linux offline wallet from Buzzex.io and it seems that your friend is correct. The zip only contains the daemon buzzexcoind and the client buzzexcoin-cli. The GUI program (the qt-file) is missing from the zip.

Off topic here too: I am having problem configuring buzzex wallet. I am on Macbook pro laptop, even updated my Operating System, but when i open my downloaded wallet, first it opens then Closes down about 4 or 5 times until it actually fully opens. Then as per all the tutorials i have watched and shared, when i go to config by opening 'tools' then scrolling down menu to config, it does not open. Neither does the 'config masternodes'. Those are the only two that do not open up from the tools menu. I have tried every which way to open and config to no luck. Any mac users with this problem? I have tried everything for the last week, thanks for any insight into this.
          Follow the RUMORMILL- Politically Incorrect News Stranger than Fiction Usually True! https://adzbuzz.com/i/b59f472e

Comment

• Tarithel
            Tarithel commented
            Editing a comment
            First, I have no experience with MACs, so I can't comment on the first problem (starting the wallet).
            Regarding the problem opening config files: Sounds like the text editor launch code is buggy in the MAC version,
            but you don't really need to use those menu options (most coins' wallets don't even have those options available).
            You can just open the config file(s) with your favorite plain text editor straight from the directory where the wallet's data is located (and I don't know where they are on MAC so do a little googling for this). Remember to restart your wallet after editing the config file(s).

• amocat
            amocat commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Tarithel, i will try to find the file in directory, but you may be right about bugginess because this mac has been thru the war and workhorse, and i am thinking maybe i should wait and put it on a safer pc, windows maybe. I just want to figure this out soon because im only about 900 BZX shy of my 1st masternode... thanks again

Thank you Tarithel I have one question. What to do if my server restarts or crash? Will this have some influence on masternode or will masternode start automatic or I need to write some code in Putty again?
          JOIN MY COMMUNITIES

hcl.hr, woodworkingguides.info

Comment

• Tarithel
            Tarithel commented
            Editing a comment
            If you followed my instructions your MN's should start automatically if the MN daemon crashes or after the system reboots. That's what the command "systemctl enable buzzexcoin... " does for you.

• Hrvatko
            Hrvatko commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that's great Thank you bro
        Working...
        X