A guide for setting up multiple BZX masternodes on a single VPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide for setting up multiple BZX masternodes on a single VPS

So here it is (finally). It's not pretty, it's not fancy, but it works perfectly (at least for me).

The guide (html):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g707ngbul2...uide.html?dl=0

The buzzexcoin related extras (buzzexcoin_extras.tz.zip):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhvflrsr1m...as.tz.zip?dl=0

If you have any questions/suggestions/bug reports/etc, post them into this thread. I won't notice them if you post them into the telegram channels because I don't have the time to keep up with the thousands of messages there. I will however check this thread at least a couple of times a day and try to answer any questions etc.
    Last edited by Tarithel; 11-24-2018, 08:54 PM.

• Tarithel
    replied
    I just updated the guide and the buzzexcoinextras, the VPS setup process is now much easier and there are more utilities for checking the status of the MN's etc.

Leave a comment:

• Hrvatko
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, that's great Thank you bro

• Tarithel
    commented on 's reply
    If you followed my instructions your MN's should start automatically if the MN daemon crashes or after the system reboots. That's what the command "systemctl enable buzzexcoin... " does for you.

• Hrvatko
    replied
    Thank you Tarithel I have one question. What to do if my server restarts or crash? Will this have some influence on masternode or will masternode start automatic or I need to write some code in Putty again?

Leave a comment:

• amocat
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Tarithel, i will try to find the file in directory, but you may be right about bugginess because this mac has been thru the war and workhorse, and i am thinking maybe i should wait and put it on a safer pc, windows maybe. I just want to figure this out soon because im only about 900 BZX shy of my 1st masternode... thanks again

• Tarithel
    commented on 's reply
    First, I have no experience with MACs, so I can't comment on the first problem (starting the wallet).
    Regarding the problem opening config files: Sounds like the text editor launch code is buggy in the MAC version,
    but you don't really need to use those menu options (most coins' wallets don't even have those options available).
    You can just open the config file(s) with your favorite plain text editor straight from the directory where the wallet's data is located (and I don't know where they are on MAC so do a little googling for this). Remember to restart your wallet after editing the config file(s).

• amocat
    replied
    Off topic here too: I am having problem configuring buzzex wallet. I am on Macbook pro laptop, even updated my Operating System, but when i open my downloaded wallet, first it opens then Closes down about 4 or 5 times until it actually fully opens. Then as per all the tutorials i have watched and shared, when i go to config by opening 'tools' then scrolling down menu to config, it does not open. Neither does the 'config masternodes'. Those are the only two that do not open up from the tools menu. I have tried every which way to open and config to no luck. Any mac users with this problem? I have tried everything for the last week, thanks for any insight into this.

Leave a comment:

• Tarithel
    commented on 's reply
    I downloaded the Linux offline wallet from Buzzex.io and it seems that your friend is correct. The zip only contains the daemon buzzexcoind and the client buzzexcoin-cli. The GUI program (the qt-file) is missing from the zip.

• aarealdeal
    replied
    Tarithel Hi mate thanks for your awesome guide.

A little off-topic here but since you have a great knowledge in this field thought i'd ask you.

Do you have any idea how to install the Buzzex offline wallet on a Linux Mint operating system?

My friend is having problems installing the offline wallet on his Linux laptop, he said to me the main file is missing after he extracts the files from the zip folder.

I don't know if my friend is mistaken here or did the devs at Buzzex forgot to add the main file for installing the Linux offline wallet, maybe if you can check from your side that'll be great.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Tarithel
    commented on 's reply
    Now those 5 MN's have been running for about 24h and they are producing rewards, so all is good when running 5 MN's. You can probably run many more successfully, as andhum already mentioned.

• Tarithel
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome Thanks for letting us know.

• andhum
    replied
    I have 14 running and is all perfect..
    I did attached picture on my topic.

Leave a comment:

• arthuro_business
    commented on 's reply
    It is good now mate thanks for your inputs we will let you know if we have issue.

• Father
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Tarithel ! So far I've installed 6 MN , checked the CPU and memory and I thing everything is good. Will see tomorrow the rewards...
Working...
X