No announcement yet.

Kin - A Decentralized Ecosystem of Digital Services For Daily Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked this over on reddit and Dillon replied with this. Dillon is an Ambassador.

the Developer Program is only for Android/iOS apps. I don't think web apps are eligible. this is probably because the ecosystem marketplace is currently only accessible in the android/ios SDKs. and the marketplace is a powerful tool to boost the daily engagement of any kin app.

down the line, the KRE will certainly be accessible to web based services, after the SDK has had more time to develop.

So maybe not so good for us now.

Comment

The KIN foundation announced that they will give one developer seat to a community member that comes up with the best idea for using kin. whom ever they choose, that person has a few months to come up with a usable app for their idea. I applied just to throw my idea out there.

Comment

Originally posted by dollarbill View Post
        I asked this over on reddit and Dillon replied with this. Dillon is an Ambassador.

the Developer Program is only for Android/iOS apps. I don't think web apps are eligible. this is probably because the ecosystem marketplace is currently only accessible in the android/ios SDKs. and the marketplace is a powerful tool to boost the daily engagement of any kin app.

down the line, the KRE will certainly be accessible to web based services, after the SDK has had more time to develop.

So maybe not so good for us now.
        Every coin has two sides. If only mobile apps are allowed, it means ADZbuzz dev team's focus will go to ADZbuzz mobile app which at the moment has been pushed to the side. This will make mobile users experience much better than it currently is
        < ADZWORLD > (Everything about ADZbuzz)

Win over 500 ADZ a week with ADZ Giveaway!

Comment

• mb001589
          mb001589 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree if we win a spot this may be the push we need to have an awesome ADZbuzz app which would also help us go viral among mobile users.

Originally posted by JensSteyaert View Post

I agree Miles, and that's just the ones we could already integrate right away. ADZbuzz has a lot of features that could grow that number.

Just a question, do you know if they only allow mobile apps? If so that would lower our chances as our mobile apps aren't released and fully ready with all the features I mentioned in the application form. (which I submitted today by the way)
        Hi JensSteyaert

They do allow online platforms like websites to join the KIN ecosystem when their SDK is ready and those platforms would be able to earn from the KRE (KIN Reward Engine).

However the developer program is only for apps that are either on Google Playstore or IOS.

I don't think it would decrease our chances though.

The reason being is they are even allowing developers who have not even an app to apply for the program too with their idea whereby they can then go on to develop the app and integrate KIN into it giving it purpose.

So they are not really expecting developers to have a completed product or any product when applying for this program, but they are expecting the developers to build the product they pitch I guess.

In our case we have an app that is not fully released or ready, but that is not a problem. We also have a website that is ready to integrate the features which is a bonus for when KIN has their SDK ready for it.

If we get accepted then the app would have to be built or worked on to try to integrate the features you can. They give you time as they don't expect everyone to have a completed product anyways. And I don't think they expect anyone to provide 15 ways either as most developers are probably focusing on one or two native earn and spend opportunities within their app.

So we should be alright.

It just means the ADZbuzz app would need some developers on it if we get accepted. But don't forget we also get paid in stages too.

As for the ADZbuzz website those ideas you have can still be implemented on the platform too and earn from the KRE when it launches. Who knows they may have a developer program for website based platforms in the future. But the KIN developer program currently running is for apps only.

Hope that helps, but that is the information I was able to find from asking around.
        Last edited by mb001589; 08-01-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

HHHmmmmm....some of the survey questions on the KINIT app are from Red Bull and Swarovski. Good to hear. I hope they enjoy the results and stick with it.

https://www.adweek.com/digital/red-b...mpression=true

Comment

Live Q&A #8 with Ted Livingston, Kik Founder and CEO

Comment

• dollarbill
              dollarbill commented
              Editing a comment
              Most of the comments on reddit are unhappy with this one, no new information and only one questioned answered. I guess I won't listen this time. There's talk already about changing up the ama.

• mb001589
              mb001589 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I was a bit dissatisfied too. Dillon asks the best questions but only one of his was addressed despite all having top votes.

What talk did you hear about changes? I like one suggestion that Ted should be interviewed by Dillon for 30 minutes each month haha

They posted the list of the 40 services that will launch with KIN. I'm surprised Adzbuzz didn't make it, we have a lot more to offer than a lot of those that are listed.

https://medium.com/kinblog/kin-devel...m-6949709d4a9f

I guess we'll have to wait til next time.

Comment

Originally posted by dollarbill View Post
              They posted the list of the 40 services that will launch with KIN. I'm surprised Adzbuzz didn't make it, we have a lot more to offer than a lot of those that are listed.

https://medium.com/kinblog/kin-devel...m-6949709d4a9f

I guess we'll have to wait til next time.
              I think it is because of our app mate. They must have checked it out on the Google Play store and can see that it is not ready compared to many other competitor apps which are all up and running.

And most of what we have to offer is on our website. So when they have the web wallet SDK ready it would be a perfect fit for our site.

Comment

• dollarbill
                dollarbill commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point.
            Working...
            X