Solo ad case studies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo ad case studies

Anyone using solo ads for building their email lists? If so, let us know what your results were. I've been doing case studies off and on for over 2 years.

Here a few that have closed over the last few years:

mrbiz.net/solodiscount
    elitesolos.com
    facebook.com/GDwyer24
    facebook.com/ianjwicks
    claynekeegan.com/solo-ads
    facebook.com/isaiahjacksonmoney
    louismartel.com/solo
    rinotori.com
    dreamscanbeachieved.com/solo-ads/
    solosubs.com
    afterhourmarketing.com/buysoloads/
    facebook.com/les.blythe.16
    patselby.com
    nobullshitim.com/solo-ads
    extremeleadprogram.com
    Last edited by dollarbill; 10-28-2017, 03:34 PM.

Originally posted by dollarbill View Post
    Anyone using solo ads for building their email lists? If so, let us know what your results were. I've been doing case studies off and on for over 2 years.

Here a few that have closed over the last few years:

mrbiz.net/solodiscount
    elitesolos.com
    facebook.com/GDwyer24
    facebook.com/ianjwicks
    claynekeegan.com/solo-ads
    facebook.com/isaiahjacksonmoney
    louismartel.com/solo
    rinotori.com
    dreamscanbeachieved.com/solo-ads/
    solosubs.com
    afterhourmarketing.com/buysoloads/
    facebook.com/les.blythe.16
    patselby.com
    nobullshitim.com/solo-ads
    extremeleadprogram.com
    what is solo ads?
    Check out my communities:

Gizmodo.com 99bitcoins.com
    ​​​​​​​Cnn.com Pbs.org

Comment

I used to buy a lot of solo ads with varying results. You really need to test a lot of solo ads and more importantly your funnel.

If you can break even you ar building your list for free basically which is what the goal is initially.

I think solo ads can still be good, but you get what you pay for. Here is a nice site to get some real stats before you buy: https://soloadsx.com/
      Welcome To The ADZbuzz Project!

Become A Gold Member Today

Comment

Originally posted by ahsanulkhan View Post

what is solo ads?
        An email marketer selling clicks in an email he sends to his list.

So it's basically a PPC offer but clicks only come from emails making it more effective (and why clicks are quite expensive).
        Welcome To The ADZbuzz Project!

Become A Gold Member Today

Comment

I tried soloadsx once because they guarantee results. The results I received were horrible so I requested a refund. They sent refund but put me on the black list. Silly.

So far during all the years I've been doing internet marketing, building an email list with solo has produced the best results.

Comment

I guess we need to find the solo ad seller depending upon our niche. If we buy solo ads from ANY seller its high possibility the people in their email list is not relevant to what we have to offer. So the results from solo ads also depends upon our requirements and if we do not get the expected result, that does not necessarily mean the seller is not good.
            Welcome to ADZbuzz!!

Comment

Solo ads are a minefield and very difficult to navigate properly. I looked at the link Jens provided, looks interesting because it seems that you can get more data before making a buying decision. udimi offers the same data, and the one I have the most experience with.

I have purchased over 200 solo ads on udimi....and at one time was quite active at selling solos on Udimi. I also was very active in safeswaps....and Jens had leadswaps (if I am not mistaken)

It is really simple actually....only buy from those vendors that can prove sales....anyone can get optins, but conversions are a different story altogether. You must beware of bots that are able to put names on an optin page and are worthless....those show up in Udimi quite frequently...but I have always gotten a refund from those scammers because it is easy to prove "no engagement".

The key to success in my opinion are 2 things. Jens mentioned 1...a good sales funnel

But in my opinion even more important than that is the ability to inbox...especially from a single optin lead.

That is rare and not easy to do

dollarbill...i rejected Gorilla Marketing because of all the "junk" that comes with it. By that I mean...all those other programs offered in the backoffice which I would never promote...and I take issue with passing up my referrals to someone, because I did not join a particular program. Plus they are pushing a spam product and business that has little worth if you research it...a product that has failed with at least 2 other companies

back to inboxing

at one time i built a list of 25,000 on aweber

however....it got more and more difficult to land my emails in the inbox...to the point that I was lucky to get a 5% inbox rate. That rendered 95% of my list as being worthless. If I could inbox 100% of my list, there is no doubt I would be financially secure today.

Side Note: I am the one who posts about the need for ADZbuzz to email it's total database of around 70,000 members on a regular basis. Jens gave the correct answer. ADZbuzz did not at the time have the server capacity to email that large a list. But that is only 1 hurdle to overcome. Inboxing all those names will not be easy...there is a "special science" involved in doing that, but it would be interesting to see what can be accomplished with the ADZbuzz list

so...if you use aweber, getresponse, etc. it will still be very difficult for the majority of your list to see your message. That increases dramatically your cost on a per lead basis...since if a lead costs you $1 to generate....and you inbox 10%....the effective cost of that lead is $10. If you use double optin...you will lose over 50% of your leads.

Thankfully I have found a service that provides 100% inboxing (at this time...i tested it), and provides the ability to make stunning lead capture pages and what I call video pages. I am just waiting for the right opportunity to put it into action....(the opportunities available today are virtually nonexistent). I "dropped out " of the last referral contest mainly because I was using the ADZbuzz LCP which never works (not a knock on ADZbuzz, all company LCP's do not work, you must make your own, collect the name and followup)...and this other main reason...

The ROI was terrible....making pennies from a lead is difficult to maintain

That is why jens mentioned what many people call in the industry a "funded proposal". At the outset it is basically this. You spend a dollar...you get back a dollar from the initial promotion. Then you have your email list for free to market to. This is not easy to do...but I have my eyes on something that "may" return initial investment in 30 days which I will be testing soon....and then "backend" ADZbuzz
              Last edited by touchdown; 10-28-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Ammikas
                Ammikas commented
                Editing a comment
                very nice overview. Thanks for that

• mb001589
                mb001589 commented
                Editing a comment
                So what is that service you're using that provides 100% inboxing and the ability to make stunning LCPs?

• peria1949
                peria1949 commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess it is simpleleadcapture right?

i used udimi a few times, had a few optins but did better with getting refs from the udimi link, and still do on occasion. It was easier for me to get 100s of optins and half dozen conversions when i used to run cheap ads at Clixsense when they had their advertising platform. As a matter of fact when i was using Clixsense, i noticed one small ad about a new crypto coin with a media platform, so i had to click on it because i was looking for a promising new crypto coin a few years ago, and well here i am, that little ad brought me to here.
              Follow the RUMORMILL- Politically Incorrect News Stranger than Fiction Usually True! https://adzbuzz.com/i/b59f472e

Comment

I also tried udimi a few times. 2 good solos and 2 bad ones. I try a lot of different solos around the web from time to time. Optins are always good, but like touchdown says, conversions are the key. I just haven't found a better way to build a list other than solos. I stay with Gorilla Marketing because they are a way better deal than aweber or getresponse. They also pay a higher commission and have unlimited subscribers. It is frustrating that they push so many other programs. Would be nice to turn that option off. I currently have 31 paid members at Gorilla Marketing and none have dropped out. So it has it's pros and cons.

Comment

Something else I notice in the solo ad industry. When a seller quits the business, they sometimes redirect their solo site url to a clickbank product. The clickbank solos are of course junk do not use them. Here is my latest list of out of business redirected urls:

superiorsoloads.com
                  rocksolidsolos.com
                  firstchoicesolos.com
                  soloadsblog.com
                  soloemailtraffic.com
                  rightwaymarketing.org
                  frankywebz.com
                  elitesoloads.com

Comment

Solo ad case study extremeleadprogram.com

This service is a scam. 2,000 visits to your optin page for $99 seems like a good deal, but the day the campaign starts, the spam complaints start pouring in. This service scrapes emails from the web and bots fill out your optin form. They guarantee the service but refuse to honor a refund. Big rip off.

Comment

Website visits case study = realtrafficsource.com

I tried their Targeted USA visits. 5K targeted biz opps. No action at from any visits. Not recommended.

Comment

Thanks dollarbill for these feedbacks. It will surely help marketers before they take any decision.
                        Welcome to ADZbuzz!!

Comment

Solo ad case study = soloadchecker.com Seller: Kalle Viidik

200 clicks for $70. Clicks delivered were 220.
                          Visitors that opted in were 77 = 35% = $0.91 per opt in.
                          Free member enrollments were 15. No paid upgrades.
                          Last edited by dollarbill; 11-05-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Ammikas
                            Ammikas commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Kalle Viidik, that's Estonian name

Solo ad case study = 10dollarsolodads.com

1,000 clicks for $80. Clicks delivered were 1,700.
                          Visitors that opted in were 18 = 1% = $04.44 per opt in.
                          Free member enrollments were 1. No paid upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                          X