Personal Email Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Email Problem

Hi, I didn't exactly know where to put this topic, or if I'm allowed to post it, but I know ADZBuzz forum has many IT experts which may be able to help me out.

Since yesterday, I have received 1,000's of Newsletter opt-in confirmations...and they are still steadily coming! I tracked the IP address to 185.220.101.7, but I don't know how to stop them? Any suggestions? I really don't want to change emails since I've had this one for soo long!

TheChive | uproxx

When you have an ip, you can check "who" this ip belongs to via "WhoIs" services. In your case the result shows this:

https://www.whois.com/whois/185.220.101.7

First: That address seems to be an exit point from the Tor network, so I'm not sure what to think about that.

Second: If the problem is just about repeated comfirmation emails, contact the site in question and ask them to fix the problem on their side.

Third: Click the "Unsubscribe" - link in one of the emails you have received (if such a link is present). This should remove your email address from their email-list within 24-48 hours usually (just make sure that the link points to the site in question).

Fourth: If the "unsubscribe" option is not available or doesn't work (within the time period mentioned above) I suggest you try and contact the site admin and ask to get removed from their e-mail list (they legally have to obey that request because of the GDPR if that site resides in the EU area).

Fifth: I really hope this is not the case, but your email may have ended up on some spammer list and if this is the case then you are kinda screwed. Once your email-address gets into one spammer list, it will be propagated (=sold) to other spammer lists and so on.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Tarithel; 07-11-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X