Mining Issues - Blockchain Freezeup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mining Issues - Blockchain Freezeup

Over the past 2 weeks I have mined ADZ with a total of 4.2Gh/s (ASIC miners). I have made the following observations:

On my first day mining - I was running through MiningPoolHub and was on the network for 12 hours - with no coins credited. Not unexpectedly, all other miners bailed out of the pool rather than waste their hash cycles.

I directed my miners to another altcoin and quickly started accumulating.

About 8 days later (4 days ago) I noticed that the ADZ mining pool was again active, and ADZ were being transferred as blocks were discovered. For a period I accumulated ADZ, however, after 48 hours, no more ADZ were being credited - though miners were still hashing. I gave it another 12 hours, but then pulled the miners over to another altcoin as things were again getting non-productive.

MiningPoolHub requires 130 confirmations prior to transferring to the internal wallet. Concurrent with the failure of coins to be created, all confirmations stopped. I was stuck with 90 coins confirmed and 197 coins unconfirmed for about 48 hours.

It appeared as if the whole ADZ blockchain was frozen. Most of the miners again bailed within 10 hours and there is no remaining hash power in the pool

My 197 ADZ remained unconfirmed until mid-day today, when the block chain appeared to unfreeze and confirmations started up again, and coins were again being transferred for discovered blocks for the few remaining miners who hung on (or dropped in.)

I read that Jens is planning on purchasing some ASIC miners... so... if this is not a MiningPoolHub issue, I think that ADZ may be having bigger issues.

Interested in any insight you can provide...

Welcome on board
    Well there is the mining section where you should spend some time to discover that this "issues" are "normal" and we stop reporting frozen/ stuck blockchain because we said a lot about with examples and even more has been said from dev side so just used to it
    To give you an example I been mining on mn.pool for long time (user andrzej) and recently few times I try myself push the chain a bit with 60 - 100 Gh/s but after night or 2 just gave up and some coins i have stuck there as well lol
    Much better for you just point your miner to pool like this , get some btc and buy adz from exchange

Last edited by andhum; 10-11-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backengineer View Post
      Over the past 2 weeks I have mined ADZ with a total of 4.2Gh/s (ASIC miners). I have made the following observations:

On my first day mining - I was running through MiningPoolHub and was on the network for 12 hours - with no coins credited. Not unexpectedly, all other miners bailed out of the pool rather than waste their hash cycles.

I directed my miners to another altcoin and quickly started accumulating.

About 8 days later (4 days ago) I noticed that the ADZ mining pool was again active, and ADZ were being transferred as blocks were discovered. For a period I accumulated ADZ, however, after 48 hours, no more ADZ were being credited - though miners were still hashing. I gave it another 12 hours, but then pulled the miners over to another altcoin as things were again getting non-productive.

MiningPoolHub requires 130 confirmations prior to transferring to the internal wallet. Concurrent with the failure of coins to be created, all confirmations stopped. I was stuck with 90 coins confirmed and 197 coins unconfirmed for about 48 hours.

It appeared as if the whole ADZ blockchain was frozen. Most of the miners again bailed within 10 hours and there is no remaining hash power in the pool

My 197 ADZ remained unconfirmed until mid-day today, when the block chain appeared to unfreeze and confirmations started up again, and coins were again being transferred for discovered blocks for the few remaining miners who hung on (or dropped in.)

I read that Jens is planning on purchasing some ASIC miners... so... if this is not a MiningPoolHub issue, I think that ADZ may be having bigger issues.

Interested in any insight you can provide...
      I do not know...It been discussed too many times before Jens say nothing is wrong everyone time so cross your fingers it just the pool...
      But i still want masternodes.. It won't affect adzbuzz profit share system(blockchain pay for it). Lowers trading supply. People go crazy over the fact the coin has a masternodes and will introduce people to adzcoin=adzbuzz and lower supply,increase price. Privacy is optional(aka coinjoin) and just require a hardfork for its easily done with x11 coins aka dash.

Comment

• andhum
        andhum commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely, if we have that I will keep few mn running myself -- dream

Hi, well these have been discussed many time before in the ADZcoin section but here is the summary.

We need more miners and we have already planned to set up mining rigs but that's for 1st quarter of 2018 as unfortunately we can't do this yet at the moment. We need a consistent hash rate and if some miners join a pool and suddenly go for the next best thing the blockchain will get stuck. The issue will be solved when the ADZbuzz company will set up it's own mining rigs.

Also ADZcoin is on github. Anyone can review the code and even submit pull requests if they want to propose a new coin version.

Comment

• camohitmishra
        camohitmishra commented
        Editing a comment
        What can I say, the facts remain the same.

• andhum
        andhum commented
        Editing a comment
        Im staying positive

• camohitmishra
        camohitmishra commented
        Editing a comment
        That's great for everyone andhum
    Working...
    X