Back Button Profits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Button Profits

I came across paid plug in that sent a visitor to an affiliate link when they click the back button. I did some research and testing and found a simple code that can be added to your header code for free. If you are comfortable editing your header.php code, then copy and paste this code at the end of your header. When done, you'll see "#forward" at the end of your urls. Just insert the url that you want to direct traffic to. I'm using this at woodworkingguides.info for an example.

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

if (window.history && window.history.pushState) {

window.history.pushState('forward', null, './#forward');

$(window).on("popstate", function() {
    window.location.href = "
    http://youraffiliatelinkhere.com";
    });

}
    });
    </script>

</head>
    $$$ Use this untapped social platform to build your referral base $$$

That is great! Not so great for the people selling the plugin though

However, I believe people should also add a notification or something before or while taking the visitor to the affiliate page, as sending the visitors to an unwanted or uncalled for sales page could irritate them and make a bad impression of the website in their mind.

Thanks for the code, will help a lot of people

Comment

It's a cool code but the only thing that is annoying about it is if people simply want to get back to the previous page on your blog they would be sent else where which could also be a bit confusing, and frustrating every time they click the back button.

It it would be good if you can set the code to only work if people click the back button when they are just on the main blog page and are trying to click the back button to get off your blog altogether.

Comment

Very good points. I suppose it depends on your sites bounce rate. I share posts on social media and noticed most visitors only stay on the one page then leave. But those that do navigate the site this would be frustrating. More to think about.
        $$$ Use this untapped social platform to build your referral base $$$

Comment

Yeah, but if you have a blog then you would want to keep your bounce rate low or in other words do things to make people visit multiple pages on your blog. This helps in increasing blog's worth. But more importantly, it helps in making people appreciate your efforts you put in your blog. High bounce rate is OK if you're sending the traffic to a sales page. So, considering the whole blog/website we should think more before adding this feature.

Comment

Below Script
            <script>
            jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

if (window.history && window.history.pushState) {

window.history.pushState('forward', null, './#forward');

$(window).on("popstate", function() {
            window.location.href = "http://youraffiliatelinkhere.com";
            });

}
            });
            </script>